Last Updated on February 18, 2021 by Admin
This recipe for Slow Cooker Honey Garlic Chicken is so simple and uses ingredients you may well already have at home. My family love this one and it takes minimal preparation before leaving to cook in the slow cooker all day. It then takes no time at all to prepare vegetables and rice to accompany. If I’m in a real rush after work, mircowave rice is even quicker to prepare.
If you have a little more time, this also works well with baked or mashed potatoes, or even potato wedges. A tasty midweek dish!
I have allowed 2 chicken thighs per person but children and smaller appetites may prefer one. The quantities of sauce can be adjusted accordingly.
Slow Cooker Honey Garlic Chicken
Ingredients – Serves 4
8 chicken thighs – (I leave the skin on but this is optional)
1 heaped tbsp cornflour – normal flour is fine as a substitute
1 chicken stock cube
Pinch of paprika, cayenne pepper (both optional)
1 tsp oil
200ml soy sauce
200ml tomato ketchup
3 garlic cloves, finely crushed
Salt & Pepper
- Heat the oil in a non stick pan over a med-high heat.
- Crumble the stock cube, paprika and cayenne pepper into the cornflour and mix well to make a seasoning. Add a pinch of salt and pepper to taste.
- Coat the chicken thighs evenly in the seasoning mixture and brown in the pan for 2-3 minutes until golden and crispy on both sides. They don’t need to cook through obviously as they are going into the slow cooker.
- Meanwhile in another bowl, mix together the soy sauce, ketchup and honey. Add the chopped garlic when fully mixed.
- Transfer the chicken thighs to the slow cooker before pouring over the sauce. Mix to ensure they are evenly covered.
- Cook on low for 6 hours or your slow cooker recommendation for chicken.
- Serve with rice, jacket potato or cous cous and your choice of vegetables.
Check out some more of my recipes here.