Slow cooker sausage casserole
This slow cooker sausage casserole is a quick and tasty meal that can be prepared in minutes, chucked in the slowcooker in the morning and ready to be served by the time you step through the door from work. I have allowed 2 sausages per person but this can be easily adjusted. The base is versatile enough for you to add your own vegetables.
Ingredients – Serves 4
- 8 pork sausages – or alternatives to suit taste
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 can chopped tomatoes
- 1 can drained cannellini beans
- Pinch of paprika
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Brown the sausages and then add the chopped onion in either a pan or the bottom of your slow cooker if it has this facility – mine does and it saves on washing up! Stir gently for 5 minutes until the sausages are brown and the onion has softened. You may wish to add oil but I find the fat from the sausages is enough.
- Pour in the chopped tomatoes and the drained cannellini beans. Add in the paprika and stir well.
- Cook on low for 6-8 hours or until the sauce has thickened. Add salt & pepper to taste.
- Serve with green vegetables and mashed potatoes, rice or cous cous.
You can find more of my recipes here, or click the recipe tab at the top of the page.
Like this recipe for Slow Cooker Sausage Casserole? Please give it a share!